Friday, November 5, 2010

Missions trip

How many of you have been out of the country for a missions trip to a third world country? I've been to Costa Rica twice. The first time I went I thought I'm going to help and serve these people with my gifts and talents and be a blessing to them. Truth is, I was more blessed by them and came home with a new perspective on life and what really matters. (Love how God knows what we need in each season of life) So what if I have to drive my dad's humongus F-250 truck and all my friends have decent cars to drive. Who cares if don't have the latest fashions on my back. I have clothes to wear, food on the table and a roof over my head. They struggle to have just those 3 basics available. Theres something about getting out of your comfort zone and exposing yourself, then letting God truly work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment