Friday, September 23, 2011

Getting my way

Anyone who knows me, knows that I carry a Type A personality. I am the oldest, I like to get my own way, I'm outspoken, I'm always right and I can be stubborn as a mule. Ask any one of my sister's they will vouch that all the above is true. However, in all reality, I never get my own way, my hubby knows when & where to draw the line. Do I dare admit, I happen to only be right about 50% of the time. While speaking with Coleson's surgeon yesterday, he didn't seem to think that I had the authority to tell him when I want Cole's surgery to be done. (He must have a Type A personality as well!) I was thinking I had this all planned out. If we have the expanders put in now, 3 months of inflation would put us to Christmas break for his plastic surgery and wah-lah all done, ready for the new year! NOT!!!! Doc happens to be booked out until December! Amy is so not getting her way! I had to take a deep breath and deal with it. I remember praying in the office "God you know all things and if this is what needs to happen then so be it!" I still tried to convince him that Christmas break would be great, but he wasn't buying. So we will leave everything up to the One who sees the big picture and whose timing is always perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment