Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goals, not Resolutions



Resolution: A firm decision to do or not to do something

Goal: The result or achievement toward which effort is directed

Every December, I set goals for the coming year. I dislike calling them resolutions. Resolutions seem 'hard' to me. Its either hit or miss. No in between. If I set a goal and miss it slightly, in my mind I don't feel like it's a total fail. I just build on what I have already accomplished. This year I have a little something different planned. Along with my goals, I have an item(s) I am fasting/exempting monthly. I have made the first quarter a tad easy.

January- no sweets & eating after dinner
February- no coffee/specialty drinks
March- no fast food

However as the year goes on it gets a little tougher.

April- no purchasing any clothes/jewelry/shoes for myself (that's 30 whole days!!!!)
May- no sweets, no specialty drinks & no fast food
June- only eating fruits & veggies

For some of you this may seem easy, but the second half of 2013 will be brutal for me. It's a little more personal therefore I won't be sharing it here. A few more personal goals I have are listed below. Writing them here for all to see will be motivation for me to excel at them.

* One date night a month with my hubby
* Run 500 miles this year
* Go on one mission trip stateside
* Take violin lessons
* Hone in on what dislocates my heart and see where I can do something that matters in that area

I have encouraged my boys to set goals for themselves. How else do you see growth from one year to the next. I encourage everyone who reads this to make a list of goals and set small ones that are attainable. Then taking that confidence and setting more/harder ones. I will let you know how my year goes! Happy New Year & God Bless!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment