Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Last Step

                     We are on the home stretch in our journey with Coleson's surgeries! Can I get a hip-hip-horray?!!! Hopefully this is the last one for a long time. Monday we met with the surgeon for one last look. Doc asked Coleson if he was ready for Friday and Coleson said 'YES' really loudly and gave the Doc a hi-five. Can you tell he is excited? Most kids, even some adults would be dreading going under the knife, trying to find away around it. Not Coleson, he wants to look like Kendall (his twin) more than anything again. He is willing to gag on his anethesia mask, have his face taped up, go through the up & down emotions that his meds bring, not to mention the pain of having his chin cut open from ear to ear. He is my super trooper! He never complains or whines. I am so proud to be his mom! I feel like I have been holding my breath since December. Praying that we can make it until March without popping an expander, getting sick, or having the surgery foiled in any way. Marv and I gave up a vacation, because we didn't want to leave Coleson for fear he got another infection or we would miss an appointment. March 27 it will be 2 years since the accident. Every time baseball season rolls around I think about the day our lives change forever. If we happen to cross your minds on Friday, please lift us in prayer. We press forward knowing that the Lord is going before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment